Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, January 2, 2015

2014 - Better Than I Thought!

For years, I've kept a log of how much I've accomplished on a monthly basis, genealogy wise. Mostly, those results translate into numbers. This is probably the slowest genealogy year I've had in the last 27 years of researching, but I discovered I did add 178 people to my database. And 60 items to my to do list. Of course, I've not removed any I researched in October in Lexington, Kentucky. Mainly, because I have not even done anything with the obits, marriages, and news items I culled from the Lexington Public Library's Kentucky room.

Probably the happiest stuff I found were some of the records for DH's hubby in Poland, where his maternal grandmother lived. I finally found her parent's marriage records and birth and/or death records for some of their children. That's a huge win in my eyes! 

Copyright 2010-2014, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment